Rodley (being part of the Westbury-on-Severn parish) possesses an attractive “tin church”, which is of green painted galvanised sheeting over a wooden interior.
The plans for the church were drawn up by Harrison Smith Buildings of Birmingham and built in 1908.
The wooden interior was supplied by Jones and Wallis of Birmingham and was so designed that a screen could be used to close off the chancel. It could then be used for Sunday School or any other parochial purposes “excepting any manner of entertainment”.
The church still possesses its original harmonium. There are detailed accounts of fittings and who supplied them, and by whom the materials were conveyed.
The church, also known as Rodley Mission Church, is delightfully situated on the highest point of Rodley with beautiful views to the north and west.
The church is kept locked except when in use for services.
(GPO and Ordinance Survey reference GL14 1QZ / OS ref 748120)